Monday, April 5, 2010

Bye Bye Free Speech/The Thought Cops Got You Now...

Mark Steyn's Song of the Week is "Put on a Happy Face" from Bye Bye Birdie and, well, I couldn't resist bringing it up to date and giving it a uniquely Canadian spin; I imagine, say, B.C. Commissar Heather MacNaughton singing it to former comedy club emcee Guy Earle:

Gray skies are gonna clear up.
Shut up your yappy face.
"Die-ver-si-ty" is here, pup,
Shut up your yappy face.

Take off that nasty mask of comedy
It's not our scene.
You'll fit right in and it's a balm, indeed,
When you're not "mean."

Stick with a pleasant outlook.
Think of the HRCs.
"Discrimination's" out, schnook,
Best if you aim to please.

And spread bromides all over the place.
Just shut up your yappy face.

2 comments:

Kaffir_Kanuck said...

Wednesday night, I’m hanging out with my Karaoke guy. I’ve copied the lyrics on this post and will sing and record them. No promises on the quality, but Thursday, I’ll send you the sound file.

An abbreviated version of the song no-less, but limited fame is still fame.

scaramouche said...

Thanks, KK.