Monday, March 7, 2011

Our 'Landsman,' 'Chaim' Sheen?

Remember how Charlie Sheen was accused of anti-Semitism for referring to Chuck Lorre, producer of his TV show, by his "real" name, "Chaim Levine"? In a bizarre coda to the story (not that, by now, anything relating to a self-styled "Adonis" whose veins course with "tiger blood" can be considered "bizarre"), it turns out that Charlie ("real" name, Carlos Estevez) may have just as much claim to the "Chaim" name:
During a phone conversation with Access Hollywood today, Charlie Sheen reveals that he is Jewish in an attempt to finally squash the accusations put against him of being anti-Semitic.
When Charlie Sheen called into Access Hollywood Live this morning, he exclaims:

“My mom is Jewish. Here’s where it gets confusing – we don’t know who her father was,” Charlie begins. “But she is, in fact, Jewish. So, I guess that would make me Jewish, and my children Jewish. And Brooke [Mueller], my ex-wife is Jewish. So, I guess I should’ve rolled all that out too.”

“You’re getting accused of anti-Semitic remarks – you might want to say, ‘By the way, I’m Jewish!’” [host] Billy [Bush] told Charlie.
By the way, Charlie, you're an a-hole! A "Jewish" a-hole, perhaps, but an a-hole irrefutably and nonetheless.

Funny, he doesn't look...Adonis-like

No comments: