Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Watch Jews' Town Hall Censorship Debate Live

If you can stomach it, you can watch it here. It starts at 7:00 EST.

Update: What a waste of time. Two lawyers--one of them, heaven help us, serial Section 13 complainer Richard Warman--blither away about the legalities, while no one in the audience gets to speak but must pose a question by writing it down (or sending it via twitter), hoping the moderator will choose to entertain it.

Glad I didn't bother to attend in person.

2 comments:

Michael Teper said...

I did attend the debate. Here's the question I wanted to ask:

"Mr. Warman, we heard you quote this evening from the writings of your worthy opponent Ms. Des Rosiers, and from the Cohen Commission. May I offer you another short quote, translated into English from a document that is read out in almost every synagogue in Canada every year as part of the Yom Kippur service:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Mr. Warman, should I inform the president and rabbi of my shul that they should expect to be named as respondents in your next Section 13 complaint?"

scaramouche said...

I have a feeling your question would not have passed muster with the moderator. ;)